I have several years of programming experience, with an emphasis on back-end development and
DevOps via Ansible. I love distributed systems because I think they are among the most challenging
and relevant problems facing software engineers today.
I'm reasonably intelligent, but mostly just hardworking. I believe in empathy as the starting point
for all communication.
Want to work with me? You should reach out.
[The Standard Insurance]
- Optimized round-trip REST API calls by writing a reusable library implementing the Salesforce Composite API.
This decreased time to completion on batch jobs by as much as 96%.
- Built an integration service that heals automatically [spring boot], ensuring eventual payload delivery
even if critical resources become unavailable.
To take one example, this effort ensured thousands of records were
updated despite days of intermittent network outages.
- Designed and implemented an automated end-to-end and integration testing framework
using maven and spring, to run in a Jenkins pipeline. This saves days of manual testing for every change
to the service, and allows us to confidently redeploy with very short lead times.
Wrote a custom application monitoring solution, using Python, that hooks into Consul Watch. Included a proof-of-concept
Ansible playbook to bake the monitoring solution into every deployment of Consul--this work eventually
led to teammates implementing ELK Watcher to immediately alert the operations team to failing microservices,
failing Consul Agents, or failing Vault nodes.
Contributed to a company wide, reusable component library in Angular, which will form the
basis for every new web application at the Standard and provide a consistent customer experience.
Optimized an Angular Test suite, reducing the time to complete unit
tests from over 90 seconds to consistently under 5 seconds.
Created a custom structural directive in Angular that retrieves "help text" from
Drupal CMS, then conditionally displays a help icon on specific elements in
the DOM. This enables the business to add help text to virtually anything in
the application without needing developer intervention or a redeployment of the application.
Self Employed Software Engineer
- Wrote proprietary algorithms to trade in the US stock market.
- Put my own money on the line using algorithms of my own design and
- Created a custom back-testing framework, capable of subscribing to groups of
stocks and then conditionally act [e.g. buy/sell one or multiple in varying quantities] based on the
relationships between them. Extended this functionality to trade in real time.
Teaching Assistant and Graduate Student
[UT - Austin]
- Master's in Aerospace Engineering, with an emphasis on Controls and Robotics.
- GPA of 3.77.
- Program is consistently ranked in the top 10 By US News and World Report.
- Teaching Assistant for an Engineering Computation class of over 100 students. I taught them
how to write great code.